Pinterest is all the rage this year and will continue to be this holiday season. Not only are consumers using this social sharing site as a way to keep track of new recipes and style tips, they’re also actively engaging with brands and purchasing the products they love. In fact, a PriceGrabber survey found that 21% of consumers have purchased a product after seeing it on Pinterest. In addition, ExactTarget’s SUBSCRIBERS, FANS, & FOLLOWERS report, Retail Touchpoints Exposed, found that consumers have pinned products from 93 of the 100 fastest growing retailers in the US and the average Hot 100 Retailer has more than 1,000 followers on Pinterest.
As consumers are actively engaging with brands this holiday season, marketers need to make their presence known on Pinterest and other social sites. Simply jumping in blindly, though, may not lead to desired results. Instead, marketers should rely on comprehensive data to influence marketing and merchandising decisions.
iGoDigital’s Pinterest tracking tool gives retailers the ability to dig deeper to learn more about consumer preferences and influence. Included as part of the iGoDigital Personalized Product Recommendations Platform, the Pinterest tracking solution allows consumers to pin recommended products, enabling marketers to identify individuals who pin the products, numerate their spheres of influence and determine related revenue associated with their Pinterest activity.
Here's how it works:
With this data in hand, marketers can be sure to do the following this holiday season:
- Send more targeted and relevant messages based on shoppers’ Pinterest activity
- Incentivize highly influential Pinterest users who drive site traffic and/or revenue from their follower base
- Make more educated merchandising decisions based on products that are shared and pinned
- Use product recommendations as a customer acquisition solution by giving shoppers the opportunity to share them
- Expose additional preference and taste data to their customers’ profiles and leverage this information to make the shopping experience more personalized
- Add Pinterest into the customer lifetime value calculation
Interested in learning more about the iGoDigital Pinterest tracking solution? Go here.