Who doesn't love the Olympics? There is no other event in the world that brings the best athletes to one place to compete. It is also extremely hard to find another event that generates more online conversation and social media traffic.
The 2012 Olympics are upon us!
From the Indy500 to the Super Bowl, we are committed to fully understanding the digital demand from consumers during specific sporting and entertainment events across the world. It is important to understand how individual are using social media to enhance their Olympics experience whether they are hanging out in London or sitting at home.
Important 2012 Olympic Stats
- BBC is expecting 1 Terabit per second of traffic
- Most popular Olympic athlete - LeBron James - 4.7 million followers
- The US has hosted the Olympics four times
- Sawao Kato has 8 Gold Medals and NO Twitter account
- Roger Federer is ranked third as the more popular athlete at 5.7 million followers.
Want this infographic for your blog? Here is the code you can use: